top of page

Match Report - Leatherhead

Uxbridge 1-3 Leatherhead

Uxbridge suffer heartbreak to Leatherhead as the Reds return home to Honeycroft

Report by Zach Barker

Uxbridge FC suffered an epic collapse in the final moments, conceding two goals in the space of a minute to fall 3-1 to Leatherhead in their first game back at Honeycroft since the completion of summer renovations.

The first chance of the game fell to Fabio Saraiva after a poor clearance from Alan Hedley. His volleyed effort was powerful but always rising as it flew over the bar and out for a goal kick.

It was a horror start for Uxbridge as Oliver Cook headed home from a wonderful Kenny Beaney free kick, finding the bottom corner to give Leatherhead the early advantage after just four minutes.

The visitors took an early blow, though, as Fabio Saravia suffered a head injury forcing him to come off and be replaced by Trey Masikini

Captain Alan Hedley had two chances to find a quick equaliser with two glancing headers, but both were saved well by Michael Allen.

Uxbridge had a great chance to equalise as Ezra Ndukuba headed down into the path of Mickel Platt, but his effort from the edge of the box was punched away by Allen.

Allen once again pulled off two more great saves from George Moore as he unleashed a volley destined for the back of the net and fired away from distance.

The Reds, peppering the Leatherhead goal, nearly had an absolute wondergoal from Ezra Ndukuba. He drove inside on his left foot and fired away from twenty-five yards out, rattling the crossbar with an incredible strike.

Uxbridge finally found their equaliser on the stroke of half-time through Mickel Platt, who fired home after the ball fell kindly for him as it bounced around off a few defenders in the box. It was a deserved equaliser for Uxbridge after they controlled the half after a small five-minute blip at the start of the match.

The first chance of the second period fell to Keney Beaney who found himself in ample space just outside the area, but Loris Marcimain held incredibly well on the dive.

Uxbridge struggled to create much of note as the second half began, with their best chance falling to Prince Ogunmekan from twenty-five yards out. His effort flew over the bar as the cagey start to the half continued.

Mickel Platt had an excellent chance to find a winner on 75 minutes but scuffed his shot straight into the ground for Allen to collect easily.

A cagey second half suddenly burst into life in favour of Leatherhead as they grabbed two goals in a minute in added time. Oliver Cook grabbed his second after he swivelled and fired home just before Trevan Robinson found the top corner after nicking the ball back off kick-off.

While Uxbridge will feel hard done by the result based on their performance, being back at home is certainly a positive for the rest of their season.

HT: 1-1


Recent Posts

See All