Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Uxbridge Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

Hanwell Town
W Carter (35')
Full time
Sat 7 Nov 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League Southern - Division 1 Central Attendance 98



1-0 to The Reds

With 8 miles and 1 position in the League table between the two teams at the star of play this was always going to be a tight affair. The Reds on he toss and decided to defend the car park end of the pitch. Tony Choules had reverted to a tried and tested formation for this match with Matt Woods being ably assisted up from by Reece Grant. Uxbridge, after losing the last four home matches started like a team with loads of confidence knocking the ball around with aplomb, Lewis Cole and Kevin Warner ensuring we had the best of the midfield with their firm but fair challenges putting the Hanwell team revert to long balls.

The referee set his stall out in the 8th minute cautioning Mitchell Wiseman for a clumsy challenge on a slippery surface. The Reds first chance came 3 minutes later, Dave Thomas struck a well aimed left foot free kick onto a spinning Reece Grant, his shot was just too high, this raised he spirits and the voices of all those inside Honeycroft. Hanwell continued with their long ball game evading the midfield at all costs, on 14 minutes Mitchell Wiseman was initially caught out when a ball floated over his head, he recovered really well clearing the ball out for a corner. At this stage The Reds were always in control, Dave Thomas looking very comfortable in the 3 shirt, his measured left foot created a number of excellent chances, his next was on 16 minutes when his pin point pass to Reece Grant down the left wing was eventually crossed where Matt Woods glancing header use evaded the keepers left hand post.

For 15 minutes the ball was confidently knocked around between Jon-Jo Bates, Lewis Cole and Kevin Warner creating shooting chances for Reece Grant and Wayne Carter, both of which just missed the target. On 26 minutes the first real chance for Hanwell was created, a long ball looped over our defence, Paul McCarthy was quick off his line but was chipped by an on-rushing attacker, the ball agonisingly bounced toward goal from where a retreating Ben Peden skilfully cleared the ball off the goal line, again the crowd and the management encouraged the team.

On 34 minutes a deep corner from Wayne Carter was headed toward goal by Reece Grant but again cleared off the line, as Reece Grant went to retrieve the ball he was upended by a defender, the referee pointed at a spot just outside the penalty area, Wayne Carter ushered three players away and took aim, his right foot curling shot looped over the wall dipping under the bar for our first home goal in four matches. The only other meaningful action of the first half was Mark Dennison receiving a caution for petchulantly kicking the ball say on 42 minutes.

Halt Time 1-0

The second half continued in the same manner as the first, The Reds on the front foot with Hanwell missing out the midfield with Mitchell Wiseman and Mark Dennison standing resolute. On 53 minutes a marauding run down the right wing by Jon-Jo Bates beat two defenders, he passed to Wayne Carter who quickly shifted the ball onto Matt Woods, his shot rebounded off a flailing goal-keeper. Later in the half Ben Peden was given a chance to express his pace going forward, he crossed the ball to Matt Woods, his shot was again saved by the goalkeeper.

The remainder of the half was all Uxbridge, Matt Woods and Wayne Carter again having shots desperately cleared by lunging defenders.

The final whistle went and was met by great applause from the assembled crowd, the performance from the whole team was much improved, the players played with smiles on their faces which bodes well for the upcoming matches in the league. Well done to all involved.

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Dave Thomas

Player of the Match

Dave Thomas

Key moments

Goal Wayne Carter scores for Uxbridge
Replay game

As it happened

  • Uxbridge
  • Hanwell Town
  • 0
  • Mitchell Wiseman Yellow Card 8:00'
  • Wayne Carter Goal 35:00'
  • Mark Dennison Yellow Card 42:00'
  • Jon-Jo Bates Sub Off 81:00'
  • Luke Henegan Sub On 81:00'

Team selection

McCarthy, Paul McCarthy, Paul
Peden, Ben Peden, Ben
Thomas, Dave Thomas, Dave
Cole, Lewis Cole, Lewis
Dennison, Mark Dennison, Mark
Wiseman, Mitchell Wiseman, Mitchell
Bates, Jon-Jo Bates, Jon-Jo
Warner, Kevin Warner, Kevin
Carter, Wayne Carter, Wayne
Woods, Matt Woods, Matt
Grant, Reece Grant, Reece
  • 1. Paul McCarthy
  • 2. Ben Peden
  • 3. Dave Thomas
  • 4. Mark Dennison
  • 5. Mitchell Wiseman
  • 6. Jon-Jo Bates
  • 7. Reece Grant
  • 8. Kevin Warner
  • 9. Lewis Cole
  • 10. Wayne Carter (c)
  • 11. Matt Woods
  • 12. Daniel Bailey
  • 13. Luke Henegan
  • 14. Anthony OConnor
  • 15. Celestino Terniqi

League round up

Other Division 1 Central results

Chalfont St Peter
Royston Town


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
13. Petersfield Town 42 55
14. Bedford Town 42 49
15. Uxbridge 42 48
16. Arlesey Town 42 47
17. Fleet Town 42 45
18. Barton Rovers 42 42
19. Aylesbury United 42 40

Team sponsors


Club sponsors