top of page

Walton & Hersham - Match Report

Uxbridge FC v Walton & Hersham FC

Date – 08/10/22

FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round

This afternoon, the Red Army welcomed Walton & Hersham FC to Honeycroft for a 3rd Qualifying Round tie in the FA Trophy. Dan Williams was put through on goal in the opening minute with a swift first touch, however it was gathered by Liam Allen, Allen released the ball with urgency which lead to the visitors first chance of the half, Tyler Tobin was quick off his line to meet forward John Gilbert and tip the ball away for a corner. Victor Osobu then ran at the Swans defence and was tripped in the penalty area. Referee Craig Charles waved away the penalty claim despite the eager protestations. With 10 minutes on the clock the visitors came forward once again, it what had been an end to end game. The resulting cross from the left-hand side was weak and gathered with ease by Tobin. 15 minutes in new signing Scott Donnelly managed to chest down a lose ball, skip past 3 players and unleash a thunderous strike, only to be denied by a magnificent save from Allen as the ball headed towards the top corner. The visitors found themselves in a forward position once again, this time it was Jordan Adeyemi who was left unmarked, but his shot was directed

straight at Tobin, a huge let off for Uxbridge. Allen was tested with a Donnelly pot shot from 25 yards however the keeper had all his angles covered. The opening goal finally came through Dan Williams in the 39th minute. Donnelly’s mis-hit shot found its way to the striker who turned and fired it into the bottom corner 1-0 HT.

The visitors made a triple substitution at the start of the second half which saw Taurean Roberts, Maliq Morris and Arsen Ujkaj come on in place of Josh Millo, Eddie Simon and Jude Molloy. Shortly after the substitutions Alan Hedley chased a through ball towards the edge of the penalty area. Allen sped from his line and just as the two were about to contest the ball Hedley was nudged in the back which caused him to collide with Allen and the brave keeper was lucky not to be badly injured. In the 50th minute Max Blackmore managed to round Tobin but the ball got stuck under his feet and Baboucarr Jarra cleared the danger. In the 65th minute Walton & Hersham were clean through once again but Tobin who had a solid game closed the door once again. Alex Paine was brought on in the 75th minute in place of Alex Witham, Josh Andrews was then called into action and defended the danger expertly before Uxbridge made their two final subs where new signing Gareth Chendlik who came over from Hanwell Town and Mark Bitmead come on for Osobu and Williams respectively. The last chance of the game fell to Uxbridge, but Allen got down well to keep the score at 1-0 FT.

Uxbridge Line-Up: Tobin, Andrew, Goodman, Jarra, O’Brien, Jackson, Witham, Hedley, Williams, Osobu, Donnelly. Subs Used: Paine for Witham, Chendlik for Williams, Bitmead for Osobu. Not Used: Talla, Nugent, Seabrook, Poley.

Report: Sergio Navarro

Pictures: Nicole Delderfield


Recent Posts

See All