Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Uxbridge Football Club app



By Chris Pinn

South Central Division

Molesey did something yesterday that nobody in the South Central Division has done since mid- November. Yes, they restricted leaders Hayes and Yeading United to less than three goals! They still conceded two, however, Duncan Culley and Lee Barney ensuring that United remained two points clear at the top.

Bracknell Town have generally been the leaders of the chasing pack, and that remains the case after the Robins got three without reply at Chipstead. For once Liam Ferdinand didn’t score- but Adam Cornell, Ashleigh Artwell and Joseph Grant did, all three goals coming after the interval- and Town even coped with having ten men for the last twenty minutes, Kensley Maloney sent off.

Marlow are third, Devontae Romeo and Junaid Bell scoring at South Park to give them all three points despite Great Evans getting one back for the home side, whilst Cheshunt are fourth, a Jason Hallett double enough to see them win at Northwood. Hallett’s second, two minutes from time, was truly a heartbreaker for Woods, who must have thought they’d secured a point after Sam Jenkins had equalised with only nineteen minutes remaining.

Only four points separate the top four, but Hayes and Yeading have three matches in hand over their rivals.

Three points and one place further back are Waltham Abbey, but the Abbotts fell at Westfield. There was only one goal, but Graeme Purdy got it for the home side in the seventeenth minute. Westfield have only lost two of their last nine- both defeats coming to the top two in the division.

Ashford Town got back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over bottom side Egham Town, but they had to come from behind to do it, Luke King giving the Sarnies a first half lead. That lead remained until the 64th minute, when Max Webb equalised- and eight minutes from time Gurkan Gockman got the winner. The Tangerines are sixth, and the Terrors are seventh, after an own goal and a goal from Hady Ghandour gave Tooting & Mitcham United three points at Chalfont St Peter.

Ware, in eighth, and Bedfont Sports delivered a quite ridiculous match at Wodson Park. The home side won four-two, goals from Dave Cowley (2), Albert Adu and Harry Norman for Ware enough for victory despite Sports getting two of their own, through Abdeen Temitope Abdul and David Pitt- but the match ended in controversy after five players were sent off- including two substitutes! Harry Norman and Leigh Rose took an early bath for the home side, whilst Scott Harris and subs Paul Johnson and David Pitt joined them for Bedfont. Pitt had earlier seen his penalty saved- and there is also a suggestion that Sports scored a goal which wasn't given, after the officials thought a ball had come back from a post when instead it hit a stanchion at the back of the net.

Finally for the South Central, we had two 2-2 draws. Hertford Town and Hanwell Town shared the first four goals, Hertford coming back from two down after a Tom Collins double had given the Geordies the lead. Mark Twumasi and an Elliott Bailey penalty two minutes from time brought things level. There was also late drama for FC Romania, who must have been assured of three points after the prolific Chiduben Onokwai had given them a 2-0 lead with both goals. Uxbridge weren’t done, however, and two goals in the last three minutes from Mitchell Wiseman and Matthew Woods got them a share of the spoils.

Updated 22:31 - 9 Jan 2019 by Chris Pinn


Loading comments

Sat 27 Jul
Friendly 15:00

News sponsors


Club sponsors